Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Annoying Ads. (Annoying Ads! Annoying ADS...)

Pet peeve for today: Ads with people repeating key phrases.

Such as:

Person One: It makes me crazy!
Person Two: It makes ME crazy.
Person Three: It makes me crazy.
Person Four: Crazy.
Person Five: Crazy!
Person Six: It just makes me crazy!


I HATE that!! It truly makes me crazy. Obviously, they've got a certain phrase in mind that they want to get stuck in your mind.

How would that work as a print ad? Underline the phrase six times, add "to the 6th power," put an arrow with instructions to "repeat in different voices and inflections?"

There must be some reason these ads are for the best. Hmm...  They teach you to endure meaningless repetition! No doubt that can come in handy for anybody these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment